Threaded View

Re: Fujitsu ASTA24LCC domestic A/C removing drain hose

Motor now installed in drain pan.....

Thank you Frank, and yes sir, I agree 100%, ideally a new motor would be the way to go.
    However, for a DIY'er this is an alternative, total material cost = $14 for bearings. Silicone lubricants I had already, if you needed to buy = $20 and re-usable for other stuff.

If you have some appropriate tools, AND were not held up by how the drain pipe attaches, time to do, approx 3+ hrs, maybe. I have (had-haha) a decent "workshop", in my garage attached to the house , with benches, vices, drill press + other helpful goodies etc. But unbeknown to me a hoard of flipping termites found my work benches delicious and devoured them. Leaving them looking untouched on the outside but all hollowed out, so I could not use anything attached to these benches; haha went to tighten the vice and it just peeled up and dropped off. Therefore, I had to improvise and working out an improvised strategy consumed most of the time.

The scuffing to the stator (as per photo previous) should cause no issue in mtr operation.
    With the blower attached and mtr secured in the d/pan bracket it spins great. In photo#01 the swing stepper mtr (in-between) green and red steppers (at bottom) needs to be removed completely with the white securing bracket to remove blower mtr shroud when dismantling. In photo #02 the fan to shaft locking screw is visible, this needs to be made secure with a locking compound, haha, your partners nail varnish will do just fine. Also can use her lippie to lube nylon gears and mascara for marking things....no, don't even try it, haha. Photo #03 shows blower end bearing fitted-it just slides into a locator bracket, easy.

All good so far. Next is to fit completed drain pan. In the interim time I'm going to straighten out some evaporator fins, I did not bend them, found them that way when covers came off + vacuum out any dust in the evaporator area + try and pack some foam into the hole in my wall that the installer left bare. Then will re-fit d/pan + re-assemble circuit brd, fit and check electrics. I'll leave the covers off when I test operation as my confidence of complete success is not there. And the main cover is a PITA to remove.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tigercat; 12-05-2021 at 11:19 AM.