So, long story short, A client bought a condenser and two small evaporators (two fans low profile).

"The seller say this equipment it was working perfectly... yeah rigth...

So, we install, a single condenser on two evaporators R-22 make leak test and all was good... the next day pull a vacuum and it was good. Charge some refrigerant, all seems to be ok, we leave it and went home, the next day the client call me, the control of the unit has set an alarm, we check for pressure and the compressor was al 4psi on the low side.

Stop the unit retrieve the refrigerant and blame on a TXV on one of the evaps, (wasnt pull down temperature). and surprise surprise when we cut the liquid line, a whole bunch of liquid refrigerant blow out of the pipe... So, we replace the TXV, assembly the hole thing and perform a leak test.

All good to go, charge some refrigerant and went home... the next day, the cold room was not cold... I be dam... check for pressure and 4Psi on low and 120 on High.

At firs tougth It migth be a leak so, I charge some dye and more refrigerant and leave for the weekend, the 4 hours we were there the room was ok... so I call it a day...

Next day, the room was not cold... check the pressure gauge and I have 10 or so PSI on the low side, and some 120PSI on the high side, we look for the leak... no spot, no were, no dye, no oil, no nothing.

So, on this moment, I start to be really really mad, Its is not possible to leak this much and leave no mark what so ever.

Retrieve the refrigerant, cut the pipes on the compressor and bout evaporators, so I improvise a pressure device to inject thinner (I know...) so, flush one evap, and this thing come from it,

Flush the other evap... and this came out...

I cant see to understand... how it is possible the dye is in only one of it...
The contaminants where ever they are, one goes above the solvent and other goes below!!!

So, dye and refrigerant were stuck on some part of the refrigeration system, flush the evaps, and the orifices of the txv, leave overnight, flush with some air, then n2, weld all, pull a vacuum and charge some refrigerant...

it works like a champ.
So, lesson learned, always charge for the flush, before install, and also, clearly state this kind of job, will be added to the charge.

PS. the client pays for it, he understand the problem came with the units.

Kind regards.
-Alex.