Thread: Getting Paid...

Threaded View

Getting Paid...

I've just about had it!!

I've been patient in waiting for payment by a Mfgr, who had Provided and/or installed their mfg'd condensers, an endless merchandiser and a walk-in cooler, who had called on me to perform some "warranty" work that they could not get to.

Coming up on 60 days, I started calling regularly to check on payment....well, naturally it was always in the works.

Coming up on 90 days, the (company) said that I needed to break down the invoice as to what labor/materials were expended on each of the two systems! I told the (accounting Lady) that (we) performed the service in direct communication with their field guy, and that we performed the service and billing as directed at the time, and that she just needed to get with it and punch the check.

Yesterday I got mail from the company stating that they will not pay me until they had Insurance info, and a personal injury waiver. Well, a little late for that, don't you think?

I immediately got to work writing all the dirty letters and drafting the Mechanics Lien to send along with it to add weight to my intent. I contacted the end user, of which I had all the pertinent information in order to process the Lien. I talked to the owner of the company (end user) and told him the problem that I have with his deadbeat vendor, and that I was offering him the courtesy of informing him of the situation, prior to my having attached a lein onto his property!

He said he would contact (the company) and see if he could get it resolved.

I have to be these people's worst nightmare!!!!!
    Last edited by Abe; 15-03-2002 at 09:40 PM.