Threaded View

Re: k20 Ignis Blizzard icemaker issue with not starting

temp.jpg

Just to be thourough with this temperature range of the ice thickness thermostat that is causing me all this problem:

I added up here from the manual install monkey gave me. I think it from a k40 that manual because the compressor shows 915W even though i know for a fact the k20 that I have here consumes 400W.

But I would think the stats work the same, the pic shows you the off and on temperatures of both the ice thickness and the bin full thermostat.

The ice bin full stat does a clicking sound like a charm when I hold a piece of ice against the capillar.

It switches off already around 6 degrees C(min) to -2 degrees C(max).

I want to see this happen with the ice thickess thermostat -8 degrees C(min) to -15 degrees C(max).

But according to my test in december 2012 picture. Thee temperature I never reached more then -8.4 degrees C and below!

The treshold is at -8 C degrees though. So I had to put the dial at the minimum( - side of the

IMG_2116.jpg
    on the right side would be the minus sign.

So I need to start to dial it to the very minus side. Which is counter clockwise. Then you tell the ice thickness thermostat that it needs to click at -8 degrees C.

Would it be easier for me to have a ice thickness thermostat that triggers a bit higher then -8 C? I would say at -5C.

Because it is hard to get the whole machine to be -8C to -15C below there on the evaporator.

Attached Images Attached Images