Got a cold call today from some organisation offering to go around some of the sites that I look after to check aircon units for efficiency? They endevoured to inform me that a new legislation had been introduced that made it a legal requirement for customers to have their systems checked for efficiency if they are larger than 12KW?

They tried to tell me that fridge and aircon engineers weren't suitably qualified or experienced enough to carryout this task? And that they had been assessed and accreditted to carry out the task. I let them go on as I had my phone on speaker, and as I was busy I didn't pay much attention until after they'd finished banging their gums and told them I would think about it.

Usually I would normally tell them I am busy, but at first she sounded like someone I know, so I let her continue.

Has anyone else experienced this? or know about any legislation that has been introduced that allows only this company to carry out the task? I'm sorry guys but I can't remember the company name as I wasn't really listening.