I received a service call on a Chiller with circulating pump that provide cooling water to the rollers in a Printing Press. This Chiller has not been running for some time, months. The temperature range it operates in is 57 º to 63 º. I found the Johnson Controls Penn Type P70MA-1 has tripped on High Head pressure cut out. I tried to depress the reset button and reset it, but to no avail it will not reset. I jumped the switch to run the compressor as I observed the sight glass. When it had run for a few minutes and came up to run pressures and temperatures (57º cut out and 63º cut in). The Sight Glass remains clear and filled, no bubbles. The moisture Indicator is dark green, but I have tried resetting the hi side cut out that is tripped but to no avail.
I can aid the reset mechanically by using a small screw driver and pulling the pressure bellows and spring toggle lever as am depressing the reset button. This sets the Hi pressure cut out mechanically, but the switch is still open. Does anyone have any suggestions? Larry
This is My first post I want to say I'm how glad I am to have found this Forum. Hello to everyone!!!