Have been playing with a Daikin RXYQ18 and a RXYQ8 which are hooked up as master and slave condensing units. I started off with an E4 fault on the slave unit which turned out to be the lp switch had sheared off the suction pipe on the slave unit - decanted both units , repaired , pressure tested etc. Put 4 kg into the system as a holding charge ( system takes 51 kg of R410a ) just to see me through to the morning. I then pumped the remainder of the charge into the liquid line the following day with a reclaim unit. Powered the system back up and I now get E5 faults on the slave unit which I think are compressor overheat or locked compressor. So far I have meggered the compressor , checked the windings and had an invertor checker on - all of which seem ok. Tomorrow im going to de cant the slave unit only just to see if I have filled it with liquid - I dont think I have. Only thing I didnt do was to leave the crank case heaters on for very long , half hour at the most ( ambient was about 7 degrees ). Is there anything else I need to check?
Many thanks , Phil