So, it all started with a bill to be paid. Annual renewal of one licence. Wrote the cheque and posted. Thought nothing more of it. Some time later, same department sends me a reminder, looked to see that it had been paid then thought no more about it. Another letter arrives about 2 weeks later, this time it says my licence is suspended , and immediate action is required before a certain date or it will be cancelled. Now, all my jobs had to be put on hold untill this was resolved. Phone call to Brisbane, wait in line untill next operator available.. cut that long story short, and find that they had not recieved my cheque. I now paid the amount again with mastercard over the phone, but now have to go to the Bank and place a stop payment on that cheque at my cost of $15. Days pass and a creditor rings to ask why payment to him has been stopped . Back to the bank i go, turns out the stop payment was placed on wrong cheque number. Asked nicely for them to correct the problem but they want another $15 bucks. No, i said, you didn't type it in right the first time. So now i call my creditor and explained the situation but now i have to write him another cheque, and since the end of the month had passed, i was now in default of my 30 day credit . While at the post office mailing cheque to rectify the banks stuff up, i find another letter from this troublesome licence department. What now?? They had indeed recieved payment but had obviously misplaced it, and now here it is, returned in the mail . Gee, thanks. Still have not recieved new licence though. ( Others out there i can see are having a laugh, similar dramas no doubt.).. Mike.