Threaded View

How do Trackers Work

In the last decade, when i went to an interview one of my many! questions was "do you have trackers on your vehicles?" the reply was "no" . Cut short I took the job.

18 months later I got the nod that there was a tracker on my vehicle, I replied with "nah, there can't be, I asked at interview, they said no". He then told me exactly where to look on my vehicle. So I stripped it down & there it was blinking its red & green led's at me

Obviously not impressed my first reaction was not good, but then I thought about it and concluded if they tell me there is no tracker, I don't want them to look like lier's, so ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strangely up untill now I had never received a call from the office, checking up on my where abouts. Now suddenly I get daily calls of "where are you?" "are you still at home?" "are you sure your not still at home?"

Needless to say when the tracker --------------, the system monitoring it just logged it's last known location & just presumed as there were no updates thats where it was still.

Back then I see this as a grave invasion of my privacy & was even more upset that it was done so covertly.

Now the subject has arose once more with a possible employer who has aknowledged they run trackers.

My question would be then to all in the know both technically & from experience -

What are the pro's & con's ?

& how does this affect your privacy - or not ?

R's chillerman
    Last edited by chillerman2006; 15-08-2011 at 10:40 PM.
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !