Hello guys, have any of you noticed coil cleaners/chemicals actually causing damage to unit plastics and condensate pumps? Last year got called back to a site a month after doing routine servicing on a/c units. The call was for a water leak from a mini lime pump, got there and found the pump sump had shattered into many pieces. Thought it was a little odd, but had a dead mini lime in the back of the van, so changed the sump and left. Today I went back to the same site for maintenance visit, first unit I looked at was the one I mentioned earlier. I poured some water into the drip tray of the unit, some of it made it to the mini lime, the rest made its way down the wall to the floor The drip tray of the unit has got cracks in two different places - 4 year old toshiba ras 10 wall mount, drip tray isn't separate, everything bolted to it so pump down, off the wall, total rebuild required
I thought this was just an unfortunate incident, but went upstairs to look at another unit with mini lime fitted and found another sump shattered.
These units are used hardly at all, the one with the shattered sump gets used most when we service it.

I've had a few drip trays go over last couple of years, thought it was just bad luck, now I think it is more to do with the cleaning chemicals. I've been using condencide for the last couple of years, anybody else had similar problems?

Andy