Hello,

We have a problem with our Samsung fridge freezer. We're not quite sure if a door was left open or whether it just stopped working overnight, but we woke up one morning with some things melted/beginning to defrost.

The fridge doesn't stay cool any more and things like Ice Cream start to melt in the freezer. When this happens, there is also no sound from the fridge freezer to indicate it's working properly, usually theres a dull buzz you get with normal, working fridge freezers. We found a way around this by turning the fridge off (either by the fridge switch or the plug socket) and back on again. After a couple of seconds of doing this, the fridge freezer clicks into action and we can hear the sound it makes when it's working, and the fridge and freezer start working correctly.

After a while, I'm not really sure how long, an hour or a few hours maybe, we will notice the fridge has stopped making the sound again and that the fridge temperature has warmed again. Again, the only fix is to turn it off and on again.

There is no indication as to why the fridge freezer stops working apart from the lack of sound, the lights at the top are the same as they always are (3 out of lights are lit).

Does anyone know what the problem could be? If you need more information then ask and I'll do my best to provide it.

Thanks!