Hi,

I moved into this house in May and already installed was a Daikin Altherma split system. Now it's getting very cold andI want to make sure I've got it set up effectively and efficiently.

The indoor unit is actually in an unheated outbuilding next to the huge water tank. It doesn't seem very well insulated (flimsy metal cover) and the heating and water pipes to it are only insulated with 10mm lagging, the valves and pumps aren't covered. Surely I'm gonna waste a lot of energy through these. The pipes run out of the outhouse along and then into our back wall, again only with 10mm insulation. Is this enough, the system was only installed in 2008, should the installer have done a better job then?

I have the instructions on how to set the programmer and field settings etc but I also wouldn't mind a bit of advice on how I should calculate what I should set my weather dependent set point, equilibrium temperature and backup heater times for this situation.

The only model number I can see on the indoor unit is DAHB2, which I can't find reference to anywhere else, and it says 3kw. Is that the backup heater? The water tank is huge so I guess it is the 300l unvented one and I cant reach the outdoor unit to get the model number off that, it's on the kitchen roof.

Thanks in advance...

Sly