Hello guys.

Any help on the following will be great.

I do alot of work for a well known fast food chain and at the start of the year they put into place a program to save money! They have employed a company to install into every store across the country "Soft start and optimizing" units to all walk in freezers and chillers.
I cover the North west of england for this company.

Since the program started we have had continous problems ie.
Coldrooms not reaching temps - disconnect these boxes and the refrigeration then works fine.

Excessive vibration and knocking from the compressors regardless of compressor type! Again, discconnect the units and the refrigeration then works fine.

Ive been in a constant battle with the company doing the work as they keep blaming the refrigeration equiment, but yet it works fine without these units fitted, so figure that out! anyway, the program has been finally put on hold by the well known fast food chain and im having yet another site meeting this week to try and sort this out....

Past site meetings found that these units should "optimize" the compressors only and this has not been the case when wired up esp on 3 phase condensing units that run condenser fans from a phase (creating a imbalance in the phases) and also units that have fan speed controllers.

Im am pritty clueless to how these optimizing units work, apart from that they must change the angle of the phases/pluse or what ever to achieve lower running amps/cost. so any info will be great.
And what is the knocking noise and why are they vibrating like hell????? as nobody knows what the hell is wrong.

Im my Area ive already had a Scroll compressor, Maneurope and and 2 L'Unite compressor fail and over 40 call outs to problems these units are causing

Ive uploaded a couple of videos onto my you tube account so you can see whats happening to the compressors, but i cant post the links until i have 15 posts or more. so i could poss pass them onto you guys via email so you can see the problems.....

MANY THANKS FOR ALL INPUT

Andy