Hi all,

I have a Samsung RS2545SH, I think it's the costco one but there are several very similiar models, that appears to have a fairly severe low side refrigerant leak. The compressor went out and that was replaced under warranty but after about a month it quit cooling again. The service guy came back out, checked the evap coolers and cond unit for leaks but found none. After refilling it lasted about 1.5 days and temps started climbing again. Even though there is a year left on the warranty, he says Samsung won't do anything else, i.e. new fridge, because I am not the original owner.

I'm quite sure the leak is on the low side because I charged it to factory specs of 7.76 oz and observed pressures of 0-1 psi low / ~ 125 psi high. the next day I checked again and saw -10 psi low / 250 psi high. So the assumption is it's not so much leaking as it is sucking, hence my clever title, air into the system, therby causing the high discharge pressure but still progressively worse cooling.

So, question is does anyone know of any common leak points on these models that I can check. Also does anyone know where in the loop the system pressure falls below positive on a normal unit? Any link to a service manual would also help.

Thanks! Arch