Am not connected with the trade but hope that someone can help.

Have to store injections in a domestic fridge at between 2 - 8 degrees This is critical, otherwise drug loses its effectiveness. They cost the NHS £374 each - I store 3/4 at a time. I care about NHS costs! Having had problem now have a data logger to check the fridge temperatures.

All my shelves in the fridge are glass. Find that the middle shelf is the most appropriate place - fridge set at 4. This gives margin for loss of temperature on opening door. Logger stored on the top of the carboard carton. I presume that this measures the internal temperature of the fridge.

However, the other day I found the logger had fallen onto the glass and the data then showed 0.5 degrees! Question: Will the glass hold a lower temperature than the internal air temperature of the fridge?

Seems a silly question, but if thisi is the case, the box will be taking up the temperature of the shelf and the injections will have lost their use - so I'm not getting the treatment for the illness I have. Everybody else I've asked is 'hiding'/not responding. I hope that you guys, with your knowledge might be able to adviise me.

Thanks if you can - I appreciate your help