I've ordered a mini-split which I'm going to install myself. I will have someone show up with the vacuum and gauges for the final test but other than that I'm doing all the grunt work.

Couple questions:

#1. Has anyone put a outdoor condenser into a crawlspace? I understand the condensation issue off the heat exchanger and my crawlspace is completely encapsulated with 24mil plastic up to the sill plate. I have drainage and a sump pump so the condensate will drain right into the sump basin.

The reason I'm looking at this route is because the crawl maintains a temp that is a good 10-15 deg. F warmer than the outside air during heating season. The temp is largely controlled by the ground temp. I have good temp & RH readings from the crawlspace for the last year and I know that the heat pump will drop the temps a couple degrees but overall.... I should maintain much more efficient operation.

#2. If anyone has the process for the final checkout on the Grunaire units I'd be appreciate the help. I want to make sure the guy I hire does it right.

Model # GSI121HX Indoor Unit
GSU121HX Outdoor Unit