Hi All,

What an amazing forum you have here, I hope you don't mind a non-engineer posting but as i seemed to have lucked out and found the worlds biggest repository of aircon knowledge it would seem silly not to ask:

Does anyone have someone they would recommend to advise about and supply and fit a multi split system (primarily for heating) in a flat in the North devon area.

Also does anyone have answers/opinions/best guesses given limited information to the following?

In the UK we seem much more inclined to run air to water or ground to water systems. Is this just because we are so used to wet central heating systems, or does a wet system have strong advantages?

Will an air to air system be suitable for a victorian flat/ maisonette with a loft conversion, provided there is reasonable insulation- the sash windows can be a bit draughty and i don't know how much i will be able to do about that-but after the renovation there will be plenty of floor and ceiling insulation. I ask because I have read different opinions on whether air to air is good for buildings with a high thermal mass and my exterior walls are over 2ft thick.

What kind of price-finger in the wind stuff I know- should I expect to pay. I used a rule of thumb that was mentioned in another thread of 100w/m2 which gives me a rough guesstimate of needing about 8kw to feed 4 wall units. rooms are 24m2, 15m2, 8m2, and 32m2 with between 5m and 10m between the outdoor unit and each indoor.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

P.S If anyone is in the area there is a great pub just about a minutes walk from the flat, where they brew their own beer and I shall gladly furnish anyone who wants to pop around and offer their opinion with a few jars.