Hi folks, bare with me here.

Obviously with the new regulations coming into force I want to just check with everyone whats what.

At this moment intime I have my refrigerant handling (City & Guilds) certificate alongside my (Acrib) photo ID card. I am fully qualified in refrigeration & air conditioning to City & Guilds NVQ level 1,2,3 & 4, with 12 years experience. I am aware my company has just applied recently and received recently the F-Gas certificate, and I understand that most of us ten engineers will by 2011 be sent onto some kind of course.

I have heard all kinds of myths and rumours about this course/exam, from you need 75% to pass, it costs upto £2000 and if you fail well you might aswell pack in the trade. I have also heard that the more senior engineers in our area are considering quitting the trade because they think its just another money making scheme for the training agents. I'm all for keeping incompetent people from doing our job becasue trust me, I've seen some installations and if my standard of work was like this I would be SACKED!

Has anybody attended these courses? And without giving the game away is it as hard as people are making out? With dew point charts/formulas etc.

Thanks in advance

Darren