Quote Originally Posted by NoNickName View Post
I'm reading not just the opposite, but actually it all ends up blaming somebody else. Salvaging such systems is some sort of russian roulette, everybody say: "if the system is evacuated well", or "if the work is done correctly", "if it has been cleaned properly"... but at the end of the day who know if the "if's" are all properly obeyed to.
I mean, we are all good and trustyworth people, but if it was me, I wouldn't dare recommission a system which was subject to such extensive damage and restoration. What guarantees would I have?
On one thing I agree: for a refrigeration engineer, this is a FATTY work, and no blame on fail.
hi there ,it isnt a matter of if ,just do it right and it will work!!
our job isnt gambling ,it is only a matter of yes and no,when a unit with a water condenser springs a leek u can either fix it or dump the machine ,usually the customer will pay to fix it ,a new machine is much more expensive!!
we had a quite a few machines with this problem and i can tell u after replacing what needed to be changed and monitoring the unit we have never had repeated failure in these units
u are correct if the damage is over 50-60% of the units cost ,then fixing becomes a questinable issue.