Hello all...
Let me start by saying I sooooo do not belong on this forum. I own a little gelato shop in Ohio. We have this case:
*I guess I can't put a url in here until I post more*
It is the Isa Gelato case Samoa style? I am not at work, so can't be more specific right now.
Ours is the one that fits 14 gelatos.

The manual that came with this thing is terrible. A few months ago we had a problem with it.. I managed to take some panels off and locate the drainage tube way down in the bottom that was clogged, which made a couple inches of ice accumulate. So, we were able to problem solve.

But now, we have a different problem.
1. The temp on the machine was -18 this morning.
2. Trying to reset the temp, I am given a range of I think 1.5 as a high to negative something as a low. Previously, it was different. We kept it around 6 to 8 degrees F.
3. There are two switches. One is for the light. The other for power. I turned both off, and unplugged it for a while. When I plugged it back in, something started running, even though the power was not yet turned on.

We do have a tech coming to look at it. But, we are going to lose business waiting for him, he has an unusually large amount of calls to get to which is understandable. I figured it can't hurt to ask around in the meantime.

My questions if anyone can help...

1. What the heck is the 1.5 deal?? Is that supposed to be a temperature or something? What happened to my 6-8 deg F? I was very happy with my 6-8 lol.

2. Why is my machine running without being turned on? Should I call Ghostbusters? Strangely enough, we also own a bbq place next door and had our fire alarm go off for 20 min straight even though we disarmed the system, then disconnected the batteries in the system box. Kinda creepy. But anyways...

3. Nevermind, I guess those are my 2 questions.

If anyone can give me any clues, or something to try while waiting, I would certainly appreciate it!