Hello to all,

I had a major dis-agreement today with another engineer regarding communication wiring in large VRF equipment. We were discussing if one of the Indoor units were to lose power, the entire network ( all indoor units ) would not operate. His statement to me was this is not true in Mitsubishi equipment. During the conversation he instructed me that Mitsubishi equipment incorporated an oversized accumlator. This in theory would account for an Indoor EEV to have no power, but the entire system would still operate.

I totally dis-agree with his remarks. From what I have learned, all Indoor units would not operate. This is a protective function programmed into the system. In my opinion, an oversized accumlator would not copensate for cold outdoor ambient conditions. If the system were allowed to operate under those conditions, liquid refrigerant would return to the outdoor unit.

Can you guys please confirm who is right on this subject? We were discussing Mitsubishi, but I think this control logic applies to all VRF equipment with multiple Indoor units connected to one outdoor unit.

Please advise who is right. I would love to prove this jerk wrong.

Cheers
Husky