Hello Everyone,

My name is Emilio Brown, president of Tri-County Refrigeration Inc in Miami, Florida. I have been a refrigeration contractor and engineer for over 20 years. In dealing with parallel reciprocating compressor systems and racks I found myself trying to use inadequate means for smooth capacity control as provided by compressor manufacturers so we decided to design and build our own system. Im looking for some feedback and to speak with some engineers that might have a use for this system in current or future projects. Please feel free to post any questions or comments or contact me directly.

Capacity Control System Kit (Cylinder Loader/Unloader) for Reciprocating Compressors

Here it is..

PURPOSE OF SYSTEM:
To provide a complete system (Kit) to control Cylinder Loaders/Un-loaders in Reciprocating Compressors of any brand or manufacture. The system will accommodate any number of Loading and Un-loading Stages per compressor and will also accommodate multiple compressors. The system shall operate with all types of refrigerants (NH3, Halocarbons, etc.).

DESCRIPTION OF SYSTEM:
The complete system, to be named Complete Capacity Control Kit, shall consist of the Mechanical Section and the Controller Section. The Mechanical Section shall incorporated a perforated metallic block and solenoid valves to achieved the conveyance of pressurized oil when specific cylinders are required to “Load” and return the oil to the crankcase when specific cylinders are required to “Un-load”. The Controller Section shall be manufactured in two (2) different forms. The first form is the Electromechanical Controller which shall be manufactured using conventional relays, timers, and only two (2) pressure switches and is designed to sequentially control the stages for loading and/or unloading of cylinders, in multiple compressors, within a minimal (6-8PSI) pressure differential. The second form is the Microprocessor Based Controller which shall be manufactured using the latest microprocessor control technology. The Microprocessor Based Controller, using one (1) Pressure Transmitter, is capable of controlling the sequential loading and/or un-loading of cylinders, in multiple compressors, with pressure differential as low as practical and tolerable by the process. When multiple compressors are used, the system will periodically sequence the operation of the compressors in order to promote equal wear of each compressor. The Microprocessor Controller can be extended to control Condensing Temperature by cycling and/or modulating fans and pumps for the system related Condenser. The Microprocessor Controller can even be extended to control entire processes.

VARIATIONS:
1 – Complete Capacity Control Kit with Electromechanical Controller for all reciprocating
compressors.
2 – Complete Capacity Control Kit with Microprocessor Controller for all reciprocating
compressors.
3 – Electromechanical Controller for reciprocating compressors that have the factory installed Un-
Loader Heads and Solenoid Valves.
4 – Microprocessor Controller for reciprocating compressors that have the factory installed Un-
Loader Heads and Solenoid Valves.
5 – Electromechanical Controller for On/Off control of Pumps and Fans in Condensers.
6 – Microprocessor Controller for Modulating and On/Off control of Pumps and Fans in
Condensers.

Below is a link to a picture of the equipment.
[http://www.tcrefrig.com/DHA0001small.JPG[/IMG]