Threaded View

FFA90 thermistor problem (FFM90 / FFS90)

I have seen lots of threads on this topic, but not for this model, and supsect that one of the thermistors has drifted.

The problem is no cooling - whole fridge-freezer shuts down. All parts seem operational (control board, freezer fan, compressor, damper in fridge compartment).

Searching the internet it seems the first solution is to swithch it off for 24 hours and try again. I check all connections to control board etc and this made no difference so I left it turned off overnight and plugged it in - hey ho it worked. OK for 4 days then exactly the same problem (lucky I have the old fridge and freezer in the garage!). Switched off again and will try tomorrow. If it works it suggests its the thermistor(s) slightly out of range confusing the control board.

Does anybody agree? Which thermistor - the one at the botttom of the freezer compartment, or the one in the middle please?

If so, I have searched the web but have not found an on-line supplier - can anyone help here.

This has got to be cheaper than paying a Hotpoint engineer £90 to tell me the same thing?

So - do you agree with diagnosis?
    - where can I buy suitable thermistors (part numbers???)?

Here's hoping somebody can help here. Many thanks for any guidance. Thanks, Mel P
    Last edited by Mel_P; 11-04-2008 at 02:56 PM.