vasile.casian Guest

liquid pipe from condensser to receiver

Hello everybody!
    can somebody sugest me where can I find more information about the restriction in execution for liquid line from condesser to liquid receiver. For example, If the condensser ( air cooled condesser, GVV 050.1A/3) is located at the same level with the receveir, but in diferent places, and the liquid pipe must be drawed above the level of condesser, the condeser should be flooted? The same situation is for small condesing units, when the the liquid line is conected to the bottom side of the condensser and to the upper side of the receiver.

Tks
    casian

Re: liquid pipe from condensser to receiver

Hi, Casian

Quote Originally Posted by vasile.casian View Post
    Hello everybody!
    can somebody sugest me where can I find more information about the restriction in execution for liquid line from condesser to liquid receiver. For example, If the condensser ( air cooled condesser, GVV 050.1A/3) is located at the same level with the receveir, but in diferent places, and the liquid pipe must be drawed above the level of condesser, the condeser should be flooted? The same situation is for small condesing units, when the the liquid line is conected to the bottom side of the condensser and to the upper side of the receiver.

Tks
    casian
    Please check this link and links within for some useful documentation regarding piping

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...ead.php?t=9941

post by BigJon3475 with links....

hope this will help...

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Re: liquid pipe from condensser to receiver

Hi casian
    This can be quite tricky.
    The condenser in this configuration has a liquid trap. Firstly there should be a balance line from the condenser out let to the reciever so that the pressure at the condenser outlet is the same as the receiver. The length of line and the amount of rise in the pipe between the condenser and the receiver has to be determined . Consider the pressure at the condenser outlet as being the same as the receiver then a liquid head has to be created , external of the condenser. Depending on the refrigerant the external trap is designed to power the lift. The set up should always be so that the condenser is not flooded. This configuration is not always easy to determine especially if there is load variations, so avoid this configuration when ever possible