ebiz96 Guest

Hotpoint FFA7AP Fridge & Freezer Both Not Working?

Hi All

I am new here just joined, first off i am industrial service engineer mainly working on industrial machinery.

Could someone please help me solve my problem.

I have problem with my Hotpoint FFA74P fridge freezer this frost free model.

The Problem is that both the fridge and freezer are not working, i mean not getting cold at all.

The Freezer High Temperture Light is ON, i have opened the bottom plastic cover and got to the fan, fan is not working there is no obstruction of any kind to the fan and the fan is ok checked with multimeter.

It seems that after little while ' approx 10-15 Minutes ' of leaving the appliance off and turning back on the fan runs for just 5-6 seconds and stops.

Does anyone here knows where i can get service manual or just simple schematic diagram for this model or maybe someone here shade some light.

PS: I can feel the compressor buzzing.

You help will be appreciated.

Thank you in adavance

Ash

Re: Hotpoint FFA7AP Fridge & Freezer Both Not Working?

hello mate sounds like you might have a comp problem to me could be the capacitors packed up or start relay if its got one the fans turn off aswell when you open the door on a switch not sure about when you turn it on though.hope this helps bit vague i know

IF AT FIRST YOU DON`T SUCCEED.
    DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU TRIED!
    and go get a cuppa

rowanhall Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ebiz96 View Post
    Hi All

I am new here just joined, first off i am industrial service engineer mainly working on industrial machinery.

Could someone please help me solve my problem.

I have problem with my Hotpoint FFA74P fridge freezer this frost free model.

The Problem is that both the fridge and freezer are not working, i mean not getting cold at all.

The Freezer High Temperture Light is ON, i have opened the bottom plastic cover and got to the fan, fan is not working there is no obstruction of any kind to the fan and the fan is ok checked with multimeter.

It seems that after little while ' approx 10-15 Minutes ' of leaving the appliance off and turning back on the fan runs for just 5-6 seconds and stops.

Does anyone here knows where i can get service manual or just simple schematic diagram for this model or maybe someone here shade some light.

PS: I can feel the compressor buzzing.

You help will be appreciated.

Thank you in adavance

Ash
    hi ash,i have exactly the same problem with my fridge/freezer and have not yet managed a simple solution did you get yours fixed?

Leannebrown22 Guest

Did u resolve this I'm having same problem with my fridge and freezer? Both not working