Daikin Controllers

I've heard a rumor about the Daikin wired controllers. In Australia they dont seem to display the room temperature but they seem to display the set temperature.

Rumour has it from another manufacturer that uses the same controller, that they dont control the temperature so good and thats why they dont display room temp, so the client doesnt get pissed off!

Any truth?

Re: Daikin Controllers

There is a facility on the controller to see the temperature at the sensor in the controller, the return air sensor in the unit (or when it's extended to a wall mounted sensor) and the indoor coil temperature.

These displays are not readily available to the end user but can be accessed by the engineer at level 40

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    There is a facility on the controller to see the temperature at the sensor in the controller, the return air sensor in the unit (or when it's extended to a wall mounted sensor) and the indoor coil temperature.

These displays are not readily available to the end user but can be accessed by the engineer at level 40
    Hi
    We can also delete the set point and then create an " i feel control "... but we can't write what code it is.
    rgds
    cool#9

I would disagree with the assumption that they do not control well. Diakin are my biggest competition and I have always found them very good. Not as good as our Kit of course heheheheh .

The Temp display can probably be switched on tru a engineering code as with our equipment. " SANYO"

I always find with the heat shift temps that are built into all Japanese systems . Displaying the actual room temp causes confusion with the client. Especially when he switches his system to heat and the return air temp drops by 4 degrees c.

Before anyone jumps on this these shifts can all be switched off or set to a lower value to suit the site.

T

Please define “Shifts”, Do you mean Off set.

Obi Wan

Hi Obe Wan

When I say "Shift " I mean that when the system switches to heat the indoor Return air temp is setback by up to 4 degrees C depending on the type of unit . For Cealing mounted concealed duct units this is set at 4 degrees C , for cassettes its 2 etc. This is done to compensate for stratification(hope i spelled that correctly). This can be turned off or set to a differant value on Sanyo systems don't know about Diakin

But would assume it can be. But assumption is the mother of all ****ups. So ask a Diakin guy.

T

Yeah our controllers are EXTREMELY similar to the Daikin ones. There is provisions for sensor adjustment and reading what all the sensors in the system are reading, but they are pretty well disguised.

I was amused when i saw the stuff about Sanyo, i reckon i get about 10 calls a week from people asking if we are Sanyo.. we used to sell Sanyo gear in Australia way back in the day and people still think we're sanyo!!

Quote Originally Posted by cool#9 View Post
    Hi
    We can also delete the set point and then create an " i feel control "... but we can't write what code it is.
    rgds
    cool#9
    What do you mean ?
    What remote controller indicate ?
    For which kind of unit. VRV, Sky, split ?

TY

In a new VRV 3 the air can be controlled by both temperature sensors (one is inside the unit where the return air is and the other is in the remote controller ) or by each one of those separately. You can define that it will only be by the sensor in the remote control, and then it will cause an "I fell" affect.

The settings are changed in the service mode 10(20) of the remote thermostat.

Quote Originally Posted by Krondor View Post
    In a new VRV 3 the air can be controlled by both temperature sensors (one is inside the unit where the return air is and the other is in the remote controller ) or by each one of those separately. You can define that it will only be by the sensor in the remote control, and then it will cause an "I fell" affect.

The settings are changed in the service mode 10(20) of the remote thermostat.
    Ok. I see. in fact, this feature exist also in VRV II and other (only except VRV G serie, with old controller without sensor).
    But difference is in VRV III, you can "lock" sensor in controller (in other VRV, if difference between remote and return is too important, indoor pcb go back to return air). Correct ?
    Well, I remember that a code 50 exist to "fix" sensor in VRV other than III.
    So this is same, no ?

Well, this is the end of KRCS01-1 or "special UK pack" sensor without sensor itself....

I remember also than in old BRC (first with sensor), some electronic component change the value of sensor due to heat transmission. Normally, this is not existing anymore. Are you agree also ?

TY

Well, the difference from VRV 2 that it didn't have the option to use only the sensor in the remote controller.

You could use either only the sensor in the indoor(return air), either both. You couldn't use only the sensor in the remote controller.

About KRC01. .well with this option its not relevant anymore.
    And about code 50.. well, there is not much information about that so i would't risk "playing" with that...

DionysiusDGreek Guest

We seem to have repeat calls to a Daikin VRV site. They are cold one day and hot another day. Apparantly a known problem with the temp overshooting before it reacts to demand. Any ideas on resolving this will be appreciated.

Phone NZ tech support - 09 5711101