removing refrigerant

Im currently working on an accent air unit with an accurator as its expansion device. the problem I have is that I was charging to a sight glass and now it is over-charged. There is no liquid line shraeder to remove liquid from so how do I remove refrigerant when there is only a discharge and suction schrader. the only thing I could think of was reclaim but Im using 407c so there is no guarantee I will get the proper quantities to keep the blend right. And my other question is if Im reclaiming with only 3 guage lines is it better to reclaim through the suction or discharge side. thanks for your help,
    chris.

Re: removing refrigerant

1. As long as you take the whole charge out and put it in the same cylinder, there won't be a problem with the R407c properties/blend. (they will re-mix in the cylinder)

2. Depending on what reclaim unit you are using, it is quicker to reclaim liquid.

so your saying I need to reclaim the whole system and start again? I cant just remove say a kilo at a time? But arent they both superheated gases at the compressor as no liquid should be making its way back there?

somebody please help me! i cannot work out how to post a question on this site! i have just joined and spent 45 mins going through everything! either its not easy to post or i am having a really bad day! ps sorry this is not an answer to your question but i cant think of any other way to resolve, i have mailed help but not heard anything!

Quote Originally Posted by theapprentice View Post
    so your saying I need to reclaim the whole system and start again? I cant just remove say a kilo at a time? But arent they both superheated gases at the compressor as no liquid should be making its way back there?

As a rule I would suggest removing the whole charge and starting again.

But you are quite correct to assume that the gas is supperheated at the comp. Both before and after.
    If you took the vapour off at that point then in therory you should be ok.

How much gas are you talking about?
    To remove it as a liquid will be far more quicker and garenteed to be the correct mix.

Cheers taz.

Quote Originally Posted by pizza_boy View Post
    somebody please help me! i cannot work out how to post a question on this site! i have just joined and spent 45 mins going through everything! either its not easy to post or i am having a really bad day!
    Hello Pizza boy.

You need to go to the

Refrigeration-Engineer.com forums

Then select a section you want to post in.

Say Refrigerants

For example and then click the

button.

Cheers taz.

cheers mate! really appreciate it. PB :O)

im probably only needing to remove about 1.5KG but not 100% sure. It has a base charge of 7.5Kg and then charge up from there to superheat of 8k. The other question I had there was if im reclaiming with just a normal guage manifold (only 3 hoses) which side is better to reclaim from discharge or suction or is it the same doing it from any side as the reversing valve has equalised the system.