Absorbtion Refrigeration

Guys
    I am looking for info on absorbtion systems, to be honest they are Black Magic to me and anything with Bromide in it worries me. However I have a possible project which could if my limited knowledge is correct prove possible using Absorbtion.
    I know heat is required to cause the movement but my main question is what is the minimum temperature needed to get things moving?

Any help appretiated

Ian

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Absorbtion Refrigeration

May not be technical enough for you but I used to work on these Robur gas chillers in my past.

Their website has some animations as here..
    http://www.robur.com/pag_prodotto_do...d_id=49&idp=17

click on the .....animation in the right hand box as "Thermodynamic cycle - Cooling operation"
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Thanks Brian very interesting but the main thing I need at present is the temperature I need as a heat input, these units use a burner which I presume raises the temperature of the fluid to in excess of 100C.
    Ian

Is this a single or a two stage machine? What model #?

Single stage machines use 12 PSI steam and run at about 200F to 230F concentrated solution comming out of the generator. They can also use hot water which is rare.

Two stage machines run at between 115 PSI and 125 PSI steam going into the generator depending on the manufacturer. They have between 300F and 320F solution leaving the high temp generator. These can also be run on natural gas, oil, propane or waste heat depending on the application.

The above is at full load conditions. The capacities drop off kind of proportionaly as the heat source inputs drop.

Absrbrtek
    this info is not for an existing machine, I have been asked to look at the feasability of using absorbtion for a particular cooling process using available free heat, being a compressor man I just need an idea of what in real life I need as far a temperature to make one run. I am only looking at an outlet temperature of between 5 and 10 deg C from the unit either air or if I use a secondary probably down to 2 or 3 deg C.
    To be honest the books I have do not really help much.

Ian

The Yazaki site has some good info. Try here: http://www.yazakienergy.com/ They make a very nice product.