Daikin FXSQ100M8

hi guys was commissioning this indoor unit today testing pump ect.... Found myself taking off the supply ducting to poor water into the drip tray to make the pump run...

Is there an easier way to test the pump? maybe from the board, as when doing alot of units this would get slightly frustrating?

also how much water should it take until the float is made and the pump runs? approx?

Re: Daikin FXSQ100M8

thanks for link to site will come in handy! as for testing the pump was trying to find out how you guys go about testing internal pumps?

The easiest I found is with a Garden Sprayer. Just fill with water, pump up the pressure and spray the coil until the pump starts.

It might be tricky on ducted units but it's normally a small hole somewhere and the lance for a garden sprayer are less than 1/2"

i know most mitsubishi unit have a small side plate that can be removed in order to pour water in,i mainly use a 5L spray doc with a small lenght of 3/8 hose on for test internal and external
    Paul

"KEEP IT COOL"

Haven't the daikin ducted units got a removable black plastic plug on the side of the unit by the drain outlet?
    you may be able to run the pump from the controller, however I am not familiar with Daikins these days, I know you can on a MHI. Anyway that wouldn't help you if you couldn't get the water into it in the first place

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Andy AC View Post
    Haven't the daikin ducted units got a removable black plastic plug on the side of the unit by the drain outlet?
    Spot on Andy - that's exactly what the inspection cover is for. I'd put at least 2 litres into the unit to test the lift pump and/or any subsequent tank pump.

One of the biggest call backs on A/C is for condensate removal problems. Special care at install stage will reap rewards later.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    hi guys was commissioning this indoor unit today testing pump ect.... Found myself taking off the supply ducting to poor water into the drip tray to make the pump run...

Is there an easier way to test the pump? maybe from the board, as when doing alot of units this would get slightly frustrating?

also how much water should it take until the float is made and the pump runs? approx?
    Hello Skywalker,

See the attached JPEG from the installation manual for the FXSQ-M indoor units.
    There is a hole just below the drain outlet for you to pour water in.

If you just want to run the lift pump then put the indoor unit in the “Fan Only” mode, then press the “TEST” button repeatedly until you see “TEST” displayed on the remote controller, then press the ON button.
    The Fan and the lift pump will run for half an hour.

Otherwise use the FORCE.

Obi Wan
    Attached Images Attached Images