Hybrid View

Re: Carbon Dioxide Refrigeration

What is the lowest temperature one can achieve with CO2. Are their any literatures on these systems. What I understand that onle CO2 can be used as a refrigerant for a single stage compressor. Could you please provide me with some information on this.

CO2 for phase change is limited to about -67F (-55C) if I remembered the triple point correctly.

Hi, Samarjit Sen

Quote Originally Posted by Samarjit Sen View Post
    What is the lowest temperature one can achieve with CO2. Are their any literatures on these systems. What I understand that onle CO2 can be used as a refrigerant for a single stage compressor. Could you please provide me with some information on this.
    Can you explain this, please?

Quote Originally Posted by sabroe.com
    The Sabroe CO2/Ammonia Freeze Package (CAFP) concept combines the advantages of CO2 on the low-temperature side and ammonia on the high-temperature side.

A CO2 compressor has a capacity 8–12 times greater than a similar ammonia unit, making the low-temperature compressor much smaller, and the whole unit significantly more compact.

CO2/Ammonia Freeze Package (CAFP) equipment is available with capacities of 80–400 kW at -50°C or 140–650 kW at -40°C.
    Please follow this link:

http://www.sabroe.com/fileadmin/file...CAFP_06.03.pdf
    http://docnav.grasso-global.com/DocN..._gbr_10-04.pdf

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.