Hybrid View

Re: Mitsubishi compressor lock

Quote Originally Posted by marc5180 View Post
    Thats exectly the same inveter checker as mine and its the same sequence of lights as the one at the end of the clip ( the one thats showing fault). So do i get a new compressor, Inverter board or both to be on the safe side?
    BTW what does IPM stand for?
    Intelligent Power Module.
    So you get the flashing lights of incorrect order and they are staying on for a while before slowly dying out?
    edit: also ozairman, on the unit that failed the LED tester, were all the diode readings OK both ways?
    edit2: And was the IPM faulty, or the control PCB that times the IPM, or both?
    Last edited by paul_h; 12-09-2007 at 12:30 PM.

What I'd like to know is why they sometimes call the inverter compressors "DC compressors" - when you're feeding them 3 live feeds, U/V/W - surely that just means that they're 3ph compressors?

I once had a 3ph motor and a single phase to 3ph inverter that I was going to utilise as a lathe motor but never got round to actually doing it, so sold the motor/inverter package on eBay.

Would it not be possible to use a single phase to 3ph inverter to test run the 3ph / "DC Compressors" in the field? (by-passing the a/c unit's driver altogether)

Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by paul_h View Post
    Intelligent Power Module.
    So you get the flashing lights of incorrect order and they are staying on for a while before slowly dying out??
    I get ligts 1,4 and 6 come on thenall 6 come on then lights 1,4 and 6 come on again and then all 6 come on then and they stay on. The lights never go on and iv left it on for well over 2 mins.
    If the IPM was faulty though surely i would have different voltage down each phase to the compressor but iv not, they are all 80volts.