roche1800 Guest

hotpoint mistral

hi there, i am sorry i am unable to offer any technical assistance. i am looking for help myself! i have a Hotpoint Mistral approx 10years old, yesterday the fridge stopped working and saw it go to +21, whereas the freezer remained at -22 but the kids icecream had melted (think this was the heat from the fridge). tonight i heard a 'crack and pop' and it appeared to start cooling again, the only problem is that somewhere there is now a whirring (knocking sort of noise). having read some forums and some very useful tips i am now looking for some advice on which part to buy and what i need to take apart.

any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. cheers for now.

Re: hotpoint mistral

hi roche, sorry but the answer , to is how long is a piece of string¿ reading your observations, you do have a problem, you are not going to be able to fix it, but the item is 10 years old treat yourself to a new f- freezer guarunteed , throw the defrosted food away , its insured init? < dont give it to the kids that you dont like< happy new f - freezer
    Last edited by sedgy; 18-10-2010 at 11:17 PM. Reason: I ducked up again boss man

Worth emptying both compartments,switch off for MINIMUM of 24 hours,it may be blocked with frost behind freezer back panel,maybe a sensor failure.
    if you defrost it ,it may well spring back to life,if the fault re-occurs in a couple of weeks then sensors will nmeeed checking.
    Could have been started by a "pesky" kid leaving door ajar for a few hours,worth a try before you splash the cash.
    BG

roche1800 Guest

well there's a great result, i have let it defrost for 24hrs and turne din on tonight and the freezer went down and down to freezing and hey the fridge went to +3 with no noise. have now turned iy off again to give it a full clean!!!

so a huge thanks to you and great to know this forum has served such great results for me.

thanks again