Thread: Parasense

Parasense

Hi

Does anyone have any experince or veiws on Parasence monitoring

Regards Bernards

Thumbs up Re: Parasense

yes they are banging it into all the sainsburys in the country.it only works properly if it goes in when the store is refitted.it takes a while to get it all set up but it seems to work and the good thing about it is you can access the stores from home via the internet.i have 8 stores to look after that have been done and only 2 that give me grief.

Re: Parasense

Hi

Do you have frequent calls for complete monitoring failure but when you check on the web you find its communicating ok.

Regard Bernard

hi Bernard.yes we do but mainly with the radford controllers.if the site is still on rcs and not a brand new refit,radfords need to change the comms speed as the parasense reads a lot quicker.

Parasense works ok if the units are calibrated anually.

Regards

Mark

For the benefit of those not familiar with Parasense check out link .

http://www.parasense.co.uk/

js are having network hub problems between bt and parasense. the system does wok but can be labour intensive to bring the store up to spec. lots of tweeking can be reqd. this hub fault is being investigated at the moment and js have shelved any plans to bring any more sites on line at present.

Parasense works ok if the units are calibrated anually.
    Just met some folks from Parasense and asked for some literature. We will be installing a 16 point system in a new wholesale club we are installing. I was told there was no calibration and the infra-red sensor had many years of life.

Interesting looking device. What needs to be calibrated and how do you go about it? Using the web site is a good way to set up monitoring. I see a lot of solenioids cycling through the various samples.

Hi Dan

I Was advised that these units require a Annual inspection by parasense to calibrate.

In one instance all channels on the unit were alarming No styx pressure, and hi refrigerant PPM levels on all channels simultaneously.This is when i was advised.

Kind regards

Mark

Hi Mark. I hope these sniffers are better than previous sensors, but I suspect the accumulation of false alarms just as I have witnessed in the past with other remote tubular sensors. They mentioned the "styx" pressure and the compression and decompression within the infrared tube, but it all went quickly past me.

I am not comfortable with fancy devices that have no product literature available for download on their website. What is "Styx?" An acronym of some sort, or more like an analogy?

parasense pqa system is the biggest waste off time and money they must employ the best salesmen as js has went for it big time the company i work for has had to put engineers on night shift to deal with all the calls the system generates. we did a surrvey in one store we had 127 alarms over the space off 5 days off which 3 were proper calls i hate the thing they should stick to gas leak monitoring which thier system is superb and leave the temp monitoring to the controllers front end..........had to get that one off my chest

ive put a large system in a hotel,and found it easy going
    Paul

"KEEP IT COOL"