Compressor and Air-cooled Condensor Selection

Dear colleagues,
    Been away for a few months, i still found an email from refrigeration engineer forums in my inbox asking me. I am flattered. Thank you very much. How have you been, guys?

Well, now i m facing a problems. My bos asked me to select open type compressor for cold room, fish room, and meat room with design temperature -4C and -20C and total cooling load 10.7 kW using R-134a.

Normally we use bitzer. But i cannot find bitzer compressor that can match the criteria. A friend of mine suggest to use Open type comp. Bock FX-5.

Any links/info about air cooled condenser?

Thank you

Re: Compressor and Air-cooled Condensor Selection

Bitzer and Bock both have suitable compressors. But your requirement is of -20oC room temperature and you propose to use R 134a. This means that your Te has to be -25oC. With R 134a it is just marginal. It would be better if you could go in for R 22 or R 404A.

If you can give me the details such as the Te and the Tc or the ambient in case you are using air cooled. It would be better if you use Water Cooled Condenser. The capacity has already been intimated.

Have you considered using Semi Hermetic Compressors ?

Dear Samarjit,
    thank you for your advise.
    Te = -27C and Tc = 40C. R-134 a, air-cooled condenser, open-type compressor, requested by owner. I have to follow.otherwise the contract will be awarded to another company and i will be jobless...

Dear sihombing,

As I told you you can not use R 13a for your requirement of -27oC Te. Bitzer does not have nor Bock has. I just spoke to the Bock people as I could not get any compressor at your rated condition.

As earlier suggested, kindly use R 22 or R 404A for your requirement. R 134a is not suitable for a Te of -20oC

ngooics Guest

Smile Re: Compressor and Air-cooled Condensor Selection

Hi Sihombing

Based on the performance map given by Bock. R134a can be operated at Te -27 Deg C and Tc 40 Deg C.

I had used R134a for -20 room temperature using BOCK semi-hermatic compressor.

It should be the same for open type for Bitzer or Bock.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sihombing View Post
    Dear colleagues,
    Been away for a few months, i still found an email from refrigeration engineer forums in my inbox asking me. I am flattered. Thank you very much. How have you been, guys?

Well, now i m facing a problems. My bos asked me to select open type compressor for cold room, fish room, and meat room with design temperature -4C and -20C and total cooling load 10.7 kW using R-134a.

Normally we use bitzer. But i cannot find bitzer compressor that can match the criteria. A friend of mine suggest to use Open type comp. Bock FX-5.

Any links/info about air cooled condenser?

Thank you
    Hello!

Why don't you try ammonia?

Regards,

Jacek