Smith quick braze torch?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA:IT&ih=013 < What do you all think?

I some times need to de-braze old scrolls to decommission a unit (Ya I get the fun jobs after the main guys do the look through <_< )

I'm wondering, do you guys think this torch could handle that? To start I'd be running Oxy mapp, but eventualy I'll be buying some B tanks for Oxy acetal.

The bulk of stuff how ever is from 1/4 to 1/2, but ocationaly 3/4 to 1" is the biggest I'll ever see for a long time!

Re: Smith quick braze torch?

As much as I hate do bounce my own post I am in need of a rather fast review by any so willing, preferably by any whom have used these! We must have some one here who has?

My biggest concern that it will not be able to debraze a 5 Ton scroll that I must remove!

Thanking you all in advance.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

I've used a small version of torches that shape, they certainly helped but I don't know about the larger sizes, sorry.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Hi I use this

http://www.countyweld.co.uk/shop/pro...products_id=83

and find it a good bit of kit and will handle the sizes of pipe you are working on.

Regards Bernard

Bernard, I have a simuler torch as the one you linked, it does not come near strong enough for debrazing, one side remains much too cool, thats why I', very interested in the toche linked, with a 360% heat, I'm sure that it is more then enough for brazing, but befor pluging away 200 some odd bucks I wan't to be sure!

I like the idea of that 2 sided flame torch MG Pony. Iv got a mapp gas at the minute but it will only do up to 5/8 outside 3/4 inside because of the wind. Many times have i been outside trying to change a compressor and its 3/4 fitting then as soon as you heat one side up the other side goes cold. Im thinking of investing in one of those now

Quote Originally Posted by marc5180 View Post
    I like the idea of that 2 sided flame torch MG Pony. Iv got a mapp gas at the minute but it will only do up to 5/8 outside 3/4 inside because of the wind. Many times have i been outside trying to change a compressor and its 3/4 fitting then as soon as you heat one side up the other side goes cold. Im thinking of investing in one of those now
    Lol had the same problem today on a windy roof blasted thing would not do the job so had to hump the porta pack up.I,ll keep it for changing pots indoor.The trouble with scrolls is it a huge heat sink sucting up all that heat.

Ragards Bernard

Quote Originally Posted by bernard View Post
    Lol had the same problem today on a windy roof blasted thing would not do the job so had to hump the porta pack up.I,ll keep it for changing pots indoor.The trouble with scrolls is it a huge heat sink sucting up all that heat.

Ragards Bernard
    Iv not evn got a porta pack just the map gas and the big oxy acetylene set and it takes 2 to lift it out of the van.. and the stairs to the roof are another thing!

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by marc5180 View Post
    Try getting hold of one of the twin-nozzle Mapp Gas burners - they work wonders.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

well this torch has a tipe that has 5 flame jets all around the pipe. Light waight easy manuvering so far it looks hot, waiting for the regs to get in and this thing will be a beauty.

I use the twin nozzle turbo torch (nicknamed the Doubleclanger), there's not much it can't handle.
    I've also got a toytown portapack which i don't like, but i have to use it for weld on TEVs.
    BOC got too greedy with their pricing so the proper oxy/acet is gathering dust in my garage.. sniff.. i miss it.