I apologize upfront, but I don't have the details handy. Nonetheless, I could use some advice. This is a Caribbean application. The customer wants gas-driven backup for all of his refrigeration. I am thinking a screw compressor is in order. But the low temp load is about 25% and the medium temp 75%. The existing equipment is dedicated conventional air-cooled units.

Is it doable to provide a screw that can handle the low temp load and still provide a somewhat efficient handling of the medium temp load? We were thinking of including separate coils and condensers for this application. I just don't know enough about such an application. Any thoughts?

What do you mean by a gas driven back-up. To suggest a screw compressor the load must be quite large. So it is it possible to build a two stage system with your intermiate liguid going to your low temp evap and high press liquid going to your higher temp coil with two compressors sized for each load with a system to transfer liquid between the HPR and the intercooler and the low pressor reciever