The Butcher Guest

Walkin cooler running to warm need help

OK guys here my prob. I have a boss that doesnt like to spend money. My walkin is running around 50-55 for the past 2 week. My meat isnt lasting long at all with those temps. For the past few years it ran fine but the pipe running from the cellar where the copressor is used to ice up and we would watch it and shut the compressor off to thaw it before it realy iced up. For the last 6 months it hasnt happened. The last 2 weeks the temp has been getting higher. I have made sure all the fans in the walkin have been running and the other side had lack of cleaning and I cleaned the lint and stuff off and blew air with a air compresser and cleaned out all the fins. No like I said the compressor is in the basement and there more than one running,there 3 others for the meatcase and dairy and produce so it gets very hot down there. We have windows and fans going all the time. I dont know to much about the brand of any of it. Can anyone give me any helpful info?? He has by passe the defrost today trying to get it to cool off. he tells me that its running warm because of the 80-90 degree weather out side. I have noticed it running warmer even on cooler days. Is there any thing like valves or filters that need changeing or low on freeon ,help!!

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Walkin cooler running to warm need help

Hi and welcome.

It sounds like your system has slowly been leaking refrigerant.

Your best bet is to contact your local/favourite fridgeman and get him to visit.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

The Butcher Guest

I hope he will because it sucks. He's to cheap!! I think he owes them money and he doesnt want to call them. You think its low on freeon?? He'll have to call them then.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Which costs the more money?

Throwing away damaged stock or getting it repaired?

The man is his own worst enemy.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Extra lecky to run the compressor ALL day also......

The Butcher Guest

We think we got it finaly. Brought the air compressor from home and blow out the compressor and replaced a fan motor and it seems to be cooling it done. Thanks for the info guys!!

Hi,
    Take the superheat readings then calibrate the TXV.
    Take the motor amps of the compressor, suction pressure if you right suction pressure but low amps then you lacking of refrigerants. If it is has electric defrost the defrost time don't correspond with the time frame of the ice defrost on the coil that catch up whent cooling started back and it will continue to build up. So check the defrost time of the evaporator, the compressor operating condition and analyze it

The Butcher Guest

its fixed. It was just dirt build up,he was only using a vaccum cleaner to clean the compressor,we used a air hose this time and had to also replace one of the two fan motor and all week it done to around 35-40F. Alot better than 50-55F!!