rmarz Guest

An introduction...

I have been a registered user for 5 years and find the content to be most useful. I get reminders from the moderator to stop lurking and introduce myself, but could never find the 'Introduction' forum. Personally, I recently retired from over 40 years as a semiconductor industry exec, have an engineering background, and have always had too many hobbies, including refrigeration.

I know you professionals will say that this is a serious business, not for amatuers. I fully agree. While self taught, (I think I own every significant refrigeration book written) I am pretty competant and well equipped including proper recovery equipment and tanks. I observe all safety and legal requirements. I have both general refrigeration and automobile certs in the USA. I live in northern California, east of San Francisco. I think I fit into the category of Renaissance tinker.

Collect and ride motorcycles (if you Brits want to see an interesting version of a Triumph Bonneville, send me an email and I'll send you a JPEG).

I have an interesting garage (shed to you blokes), about 250 sq meters, filled with machine tools, welding equipment, a 10,000 lb hydraulic car lift, diesel forklift (to move the stuff around) and a lot of sheet metal gear. It's where I spend all the time I can working on cars and my motorcycles. Just finishing the restoration of a 1965 Ford Mustang, including new engine and a lot of suspension work. My next venture is into CNC gear.

Again, thanks to the entire group and moderator for providing one of the most useful sites on the web. I'll certainly respond to any question I feel competant to address, but most of you are beyond my level of knowledge when it comes to HVAC.

Rick Marz

Re: An introduction...

Hi Rick and welcome to the forum.

Nice first post by the way compared to some I've seen. Congrats on upgrading from being a lurker to being a poster.

Any chance of you posting a few pics of the 'shed' - it sounds interesting.

You could always use www.photobucket.com and use the [img] links as I do

I see there are several posters who don't put their age, but when I see AGE 66, for instance, I know that the advice comes from an exprienced mind.

40 Years in the semiconductor industry. That'll do for me!

And looking at your hobbies I imagine you could teach us a thing or two...ie mig/mag/tig

Good luck with the Mustang.

Curious. You said blokes and shed. You have to have been in prolonged contact with us Limyes at some point. Where?

rmarz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Curious. You said blokes and shed. You have to have been in prolonged contact with us Limyes at some point. Where?
    Expat - Yes, I've worked for several Brits over the years in the semiconductor industry. During my first job out of college we had a major management infusion from the UK. The GM, Peter Ransom brought several engineers with him from STC and other companies. I had to help him drive his car (right hand drive, standard transmission) from the Port of NY to western Pennsylvania. He was uncomfortable driving on the right hand side of the road.

I worked for 12 years for Wilf Corrigan at LSI. He was a 'scouser' from Liverpool. I picked up an appreciation for English slang and beer over the years.

Rick

phh51 Guest

Hi, I am new in this forum. I need somebody to help me to get the property of glycol water (table) which describes the calori, freezing temperature, concentration. etc., of propylene glycol water
    Please send to my e-mail: p.h._hutasoit@multibintang.co.id
    Thank you.
    Last edited by phh51; 23-07-2007 at 03:51 AM.

welcome rmarz,

out of the wooods and into the camp hey,mines a whiskey,with ice of cause
    Paul

"KEEP IT COOL"

BigJoe65 Guest

Unhappy Re: An introduction...

Hi everybody,it's good to finally post an introduction of myself.The reason i've been holding back is because i don't want to bore anybody with my stuff. Anyway,i'm 42 yrs old and i have been practising the trade for almost 20 yrs now.Unfortunately,i'm yet to secure any job in the country since i arrived in the uk last year.I work on all aspects of air conditoining from installation to servicing, troubleshooting, commissioning, etc. I will appreciate all the helpi can get towards getting a job as not working is really getting me down,especially with my missus.I am in manchester and will consider relocation to any part of the country,as long as the pay is rught.lol

Welcome from Belgium, but for the moment on travel in Canada.
    What is it hot for the moment hot in Hinton, nearby Jasper.
    I thread 'older guys' with a lot ofrespect,especially ifthey can more then one job and especially if they want to work with a computer (which isn't that easy if you didn't grew up with these electronic devices)
    Last edited by Peter_1; 30-07-2007 at 04:14 AM.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.