Thread: Howdy!

Howdy!

Hey everyone, just thought I'd drop a line or two here as an introduction. My name is Jason and I work for the U.S. Army Environmental Systems Engineering/Technology Branch as an Engineering Technician. I have only been in this field for about a year now, and was an residential/comercial/industrial electrician for 10 years prior. I do mostly research and development type projects dealing with new(er) and alternative refrigerants. I have been working with CO2 mostly and have dabbled in a bit of amonia-water(does that smell ever get less annoying) and some other stuff I can't remember the names of . I have already posted a couple of questions in other areas of the forums, I'm still a bit of a HVAC/R noob so I hope you guys can help me out.

Re: Howdy!

Welcome Jason.

It certainly sounds like you have an interesting job. I understand if you cannot share any details on the different projects, but some general ideas might make for some fascinating discussion here.

I am not familiar with this area you are involved in. The one area I did know about was the US Corp. of Engineers Cold Region Research Lab (I think that's right).

Neat stuff.
    If all else fails, ask for help.

If that's the lab at Ft. Greeley Alaska, then yes, we work with them on a regular basis. I haven't gone yet but I'm sure I will before too long. You'd be suprised to know that the most secretive people I work with are the contractors. They want to keep their trade secrets, well, secret. One example would be these tight radius bent coils that one contractor has been making for us. We had to shield the coil from sight during a presentation of the coil in one of our prototype field units. Thanks for the welcome, I look forward to sharing more about what I do in the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Enviro-Tech
    ...the most secretive people I work with are the contractors.
    You will always find this to be true. You would think those are more protective of information than quiet submarine props and stealth coatings!
    If all else fails, ask for help.