THEPOPARTPOET Guest

carpigiani wont freeze help

i bought elderly ice cream van 2 years ago.my carpigiani wont freeze makes all right noisaes but when i pull lever mix isnt frozen at all..this was going to be my 1st day this summer but its turned out to bve a nightmare..i had a new york compressor fitted last year..help

Re: carpigiani wont freeze help

Take a look at our thread to see if you have similar problems? Georgia

THEPOPARTPOET Guest

hi ben no its this answer unfortunately

THEPOPARTPOET Guest

sorry should have read not this answer

Old icecream machines are a nightmare.
    Many questions: are the barrel scrapper blades worn, are the duck bill valves sealing, are the mix pumps pumping, is the machine a single or twin barrel, is the mix solution pre-chilled, is the new compressor same duty as original, is sightglass clear refrig., circuit, is the suction line at compressor really cold, is the bin tank freezing, do you strip and clean machine and pumps daily.
    I would recommend that you get the tech who changed compressor, back and recommission the system.

magoo

THEPOPARTPOET Guest

hi magoo single barrell worked fine last season,cleaned daily after use..valve at back gets nice and cold

It would appear that system is short of refrigerant, the TEV / or valve at the back would be snowy white frozen, the storage bin system is controlled with a thermostat, and barrel is controlled by an amperage process card that detects churn motor amps, if barrel temp is not correct, the churn will not make ice cream the texture wont change, the refrig system wont cycle, you end up with churn running continuously and no ice cream. Could be a faulty TEV , but check liquid line sight glass.
    As suggested in earlier post, get the tech back to site, and check system over. The product label clearly states refrigerant and system charge. Slightly under charged and system will not perform. Your current situation. Check scrapper blades, they should be sharp enough to shave with.

magoo

ice cream man Guest

hi got carpigiani machine in my van but earler on stoped freezing ..its like compressor not kickin in any help please

MickGeordie4 Guest

hi one of my vans i am having a problem with the machine it is a 1998 ford transit with a carpigiani 1 machine the machine seems to be ok when the weather is colder when its hot the ice cream does not freeze properley have tried turning the screw at the microswitch to make it harder but does not make any difference had this problem last year put a new clutch on the back of the compressor and that seemed to do the trick but its the same again can anyone please help thanks

Hi i've worked a lot on the carpagini the problem with most is the york compresser leaks from various places around the back plate seal and nearly always from the front shaft seal especially after it has sat for a while the rubber seal sticks to the shaft and when you start it rips it open
    by fitting the bock which the seal sits in oil you don't get this problem in 15 years i've never had to change a bock but i much swap out at least 10 yorks every year

Don't play with torque controller, get the local agent to call and service system/s . perhaps google and email Carpogani for a reputible local agent.