LG versus Hitachi ..... your opinions please

As per my other thread about LG's, we are thinking of alternatives.

How do the Hitachi's rate versus the LG's and versus everything else?

If it was easy everyone would do it.

Re: LG versus Hitachi ..... your opinions please

Forget LG full stop, a better alternative for the price is Fujitsu, fit them and forget them, with LG, fit them and go back, and back, and back .................

Hi Ireland

We installed some Hitachi wall mounts last week on behalf of another company and was not very impressed. We allways stick to Mitsi Electric, installed loads of it and never been back to one apart from servicing. it does come at a premium tho.

well here it's accepted that mits electric are pretty bad, only the mits heavy industry are decent. Also fuji, well lets just say thats the majority of my repair work. They are the largest selling brand here, and there are heaps from the "golden age", ie 1998-2004 that probably have never needed repair. But the inverters rely on mits compressors and IPMs and seem to fail a lot. And now they have moved most of their production to china. Nothing against china, it just seemed to co-incide with retarded design as well, so a double whammy. Cheaper unit, electronics hard to diagnose and test while the systems is live due to mounting location.
    edit: well for my opinion, I say for an inverter panasonic are the best, not brilliant design and everything, they have their faults. eg o/u metal pretty thin, faults hard to diagnose unless you know panasonic, IU flimsy, fan not the quietest. But despite all that, the electronics is one of the strongest, as you'd expect. What's an inverter without electronics? So they are reliable, the o/u is quiet and I recommend them for inverter ACs, as here they are cheaper than fujitsu, daikin etc. But don't bother for non inverter models, they have known faults I have to repair frequently.

edit2: Is there any reason why you want to stick to asian brands? We are a agent for a lot of asian brands, but we hardly install them, that says it all doesn't it? We know the units back to front, but don't bother with them, maybe we know them too well.
    Our last major install was fitting out school classrooms with Lennox inverter A/Cs, they're built like tanks and we didn't have a single problem. Any US member here have experience with them?
    Last edited by paul_h; 12-07-2007 at 04:39 PM.

Hi Ireland,

Lg or Hitachi? Hmm thats a tough one....OK it's not really, LG every time......Just kidding folks

Hawco refrigeration are doing some good prices on Hitachi inverters at the mo and are doing a full installation package (Copper, insulation and all that) at a price not far off LG. I cant comment on what they are like as I like to stick with Toshiba

PS Nice shorts!!!
    Karl

I installed both Hitachi and Mitsu last week side by side, the Hitachi sounded noisier..

I found the Hitachi connections on the indoor unit a " bind" to gain access you have to remove the facia, something not very clearly pointed out.

As for LG, I would say lets not get on the band wagon and slay LG because members have displayed some disatisfaction with certain points above them. WE have to be fair and be constructive with our criticism.

If its any consolation, the LG remote controllers will beat the pants off either both Hitachi or Mitsu anyday. The Mitsu one especially looks cheap. ( Im referring to the economy SRK versions)

Someone mentioned about the Mitsus and Hitachi being built up in China, well my Mitsu box had, Made in Thailand plastered over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Powell View Post
    Hi Ireland

We installed some Hitachi wall mounts last week on behalf of another company and was not very impressed. We allways stick to Mitsi Electric, installed loads of it and never been back to one apart from servicing. it does come at a premium tho.
    We've used the Mitsubishi units for some jobs in the past but the cost of the units is the thing which means we have to use alternatives.

They do seem to be the best but ..... price.

In the past few years we've used mainly LG's since Dean and Wood came over here and, as they stock them all the time, it means we don't have to hold much in stock ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Hofmann View Post
    PS Nice shorts!!!
    Here's the smile that goes with them .....

If it was easy everyone would do it.

Could I have her phone number please. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Powell View Post
    Could I have her phone number please. Lol
    Ha! Get to the back of the queue Paul
    Karl