Threaded View

What gives me the sh*ts about refrigeration (rant warning)

These days I'm pretty annoyed with refrigeration. What the installers and manufacturers do piss me off. How the hell can a system work properly if it's designed wrong? I'm not talking about an instaler putting together a package or split, I mean units running at a suction pressure of -20C for a fridge.
    This is my greatest annoyance in commercial/domestic refrigeration. I just can't understand it, and all my training goes out the window. What am I suposed to do when my training (ambient = t, HP should be u, cabinet temp = v, sp = w, TD = x for that product, set the pressure cut outs for y and z, etc.)
    None of it makes any sense anymore.
    Nearly every cabinet I've looked at recently had really low SP and s*ity td and superheats, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it, they're designed like that. Goodbye any semblence of humidity control. Is it just here in australia, or just me?
    I'm glad I've gone to domestics, at least you don't have to care there, just be a parts swapper when it stops working.
    At this moment I'm deciding whether to go into further education (ie some sort of designer eventually), and work for someone else. Or just be the domestic guy until retirement (easy 100k p.a. since no one else here knows their stuff, and lets face it, domestic stuff is pretty crap these days so plenty of work).
    One thing I don't want to do is figure out these sh*tty unbalanced cheap commercial systems that can't be made sense of . Is it like this everywhere else?
    Last edited by paul_h; 11-07-2007 at 03:29 PM.