Downloads section

Iv tried searching the site and couldnt find what i was looking for...correct me if im wrong. How about a downloads section i.e fault codes for daikin, Mitsi, Hitatchi, Tosh, Airwell etc etc. There are so many people ( myself included) that post asking for falut codes and manuals but if there was a download section it would stop the formum being filled with the same questions....just an idea

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Downloads section

A fair idea Marc but with most of the downloads available from the manufacturers you really need to register on their websites to be able to access the information. This can sometimes make it difficult to provide 'open source' access.

I know that sometimes I have to chase around some sites because their access methods have changed.

Also, of course, the success of the section relies on someone posting links for others to use.

Not having a go at anyone here but when you need some fault codes etc where do you start?

Do you go to the manufacturers website first or do you ask a question here and hope that someone else has done the searching for you?

As a moderator I do sometimes spend time searching the web for information that members are seeking but sometimes you do wonder whether they think of the forum as a 'source of all knowledge'

Personally I have spent a lot of time searching the manufacturers sites for manuals etc. These I have downloaded so that my knowledge base is growing but it all takes time and we all know that there's no such thing as a free lunch
    Last edited by Brian_UK; 01-07-2007 at 09:11 PM.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    A fair idea Marc but with most of the downloads available from the manufacturers you really need to register on their websites to be able to access the information. This can sometimes make it difficult to provide 'open source' access.

I know that sometimes I have to chase around some sites because their access methods have changed.

Also, of course, the success of the section relies on someone posting links for others to use.

Not having a go at anyone here but when you need some fault codes etc where do you start?

Do you go to the manufacturers website first or do you ask a question here and hope that someone else has done the searching for you?

As a moderator I do sometimes spend time searching the web for information that members are seeking but sometimes you do wonder whether they think of the forum as a 'source of all knowledge'

Personally I have spent a lot of time searching the manufacturers sites for manuals etc. These I have downloaded so that my knowledge base is growing but it all takes time and we all know that there's no such thing as a free lunch
    I do search on the internet but sometimes it just as quick to post on here... if i normailly have probs with the big brands i.e daikin, mitsi, tosh then il look online but some other brands, Airwell carrier Lg hitatchi are a little harder to find and i have no choice but to post on here hoping that someone else has ahad the same poblem as me..

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Fair comment Marc, some people just play hard to get don't they
    Retired March 2015

viking -ask him

Quote Originally Posted by przemo2 View Post
    viking -ask him
    Ask who, what?
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by przemo2 View Post
    viking -ask him
    Nah, we spoke here seven months ago, it's all done now...
    Retired March 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post

An Old Post!
    As you say Brian.
    But the points you make are still valid today.
    Grizzly