Dorin Semi hermetic Compressor

We have installed two nos. of Dorin make model K 2500 CB semi hermetic compressors for a - 40 Deg. C Te job. The compressors have working very nicely. After some time it was found that one of the water cooled condensers have leaked. Inspite of our asking the owners not to run it till the condenser is replaced, they ran the unit, resulting in moisture getting into the system. One of the valve suction valve reed broke. We got the same replaced. Had the complete system dehydrated, flushed, cleaned etc. Changed the oil, refrigerant and the filter drier. The compressor ran perfectly well for some days, then it started createing a new set of problems. Now one of the heads get heated up and compressor trips off. This is the head whose valve reed were changed. The compressor has a DTC for controlling the discharge temperature. The other two heads are absolutely cool. The discharge pressure is 180 psi and the suction pressure is 5 psi. It is operating with R 22.

Has any one worked on this particular model of Dorin compressor. Could some guide us as to what could be the problem. We have asked the Dorin to send us a new valve plate.

An immediate solution is requested.

Re: Dorin Semi hermetic Compressor

What I've found out onother compressors when becoming very hot was that there was a small leak on the gasket between valveplate and compressor in such a way that discharge gasses could enter back into the suction compartment.
    This is not a big job to verify this once and worth a try.
    Samarjit Se, was it you that was looking for the book 'Industrial Refrigeration' of Stoecker?
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Yes Peter 1, I was looking for Industrial Refrigeration by Stoeker. I have bought the book now.

Regarding the Dorin Compressor, the head gets heated up after some time of operation. Do you think that the valve plate may require replacement.

I bet on a bad valve plate or bad install on this one head.

Ken

Valve reed could have leak back. Also gasket while installing could have a small cut .Check total system superheat and gas temp at suction service valve.

KORANNE

I am getting the complete valve plate assembly from Dorin and have the same replaced. I shall also change the plate gaskets.

There are three heads, while two are absolutely normal, the third one is getting heated up