I was called today by a refrigeration firm who had supplied an air chiller to a polythene sheet manufacturer for supply of air at 9 Deg. C. The party has designed the system based on the system of Euro Chiller.

The air intake is at 40 Deg. C. It is total fresh air and are supposed to cool the air down to 9 Deg. C and supply the same to the blowing mold.

The quantity of air supply is 3000 cfm.

The refrigeration compressor installed is MT 125 of Maneurop with R 22. The refrigeration capacity is 22.50 kw at - 5 Deg. C Te and 40 Deg. C Tc. The plant has a water cooled condenser. The cooling coil has a dimension of 24" x 30 " x 8 row deep.
with 10 fpi.

The machine is mounted on a rotary table with the blowing machine. There is a water well below the rotary platform. Water in the well is being supplied by a cooling tower. From the well water is being pumped into the condenser and the outlet is being supplied to the same well. This is one thing I failed to understand as the temperature of the well water shall gradually rise and the water inlet temperature shall be more.

Now when the refrigeration unit is started the air temperature initially is about 18 Deg. C and gradually rises. The discharge pressure too starts to rise as the well water temperature rises.

The entire plant is something which I failed to understand. Since the refrigeration firm is well known to me and are now helpless, I thought of how to help them out. The only remedy left to me is to refer to the forum.

Could some one give me some views as to what could be wrong and how to rectify the same.

Somehow I have a feeling that DX Coil size is not corect.