Thread: mp3 players

mp3 players

got one of those ibuzz things the other day, well, the music quality is c**p, the "earphones" kept falling out and it made my ears itch

Jon

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: mp3 players

There you go, all the agrovation that you can handle from such a small device.

Isn't the world of science wonderful?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

it's like cell phones, All I want is one that can transceive with out f*cking up! if I wanted a music player/camera/PDA I'd buy one! Now give me a damned phone that just phones!

I feel for ya mate, you have to pick an MP3 player care fully, and the reason you should want one because what you are doing would kill any electro-mechanical system in a second, like down hill biking, other then that stick with Walkmans or MP3 CD players.

Sound from an MP3 played is degraded from the original due to the compression of the files.

I have used MP3 files through my stage sound system and at roughly 1000watts the poorer sound quality is very noticeable. So I use either CD or DAT for my backing tracks.

By using the MP3 format you must accept that they are not as good as CD.

Paula

it largely depends on the encoding rate, I encode at 196Kbps VBR (Variable bit rate) and this gives very low quality loss, you just can't fit as much on at the higher rate.

Never waste time with files encoded at any thing lower then 100Kbps encoding quality just too poor.

WMV is a very good encoder I find, it is how I back my files up to the computer via WM-Player at a encode of " Mentioned above" for MP3 I use one slightly higher on the mid level, it is all a game of balancing quality to storage capacity, you get one not both, so choose which you want.

I want Ok quality and I'm happy fitting just 2 to 3 Cd's on one.
    Last edited by The MG Pony; 11-06-2007 at 06:25 PM.

Hi all

Put "ibuzz" into google and all will become clear (possibly not on the works computer though) Seams like i'm the only one thats heard of them
    Was just trying to be funny (and failing lol)

Jon

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

No, you didn't fail, we're just to gullible
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

I was told once that if i went traveling and a book was writen about it, it would be titled "gullibles travels"