Is it just me or do more of you get the idea that there are more people in the business messing abouth then taking the job serious.

Recently I come across more and more systems that have problems, but upon inspection of the lists there has never ever been a problem. Machines were allways working correct, at least on paper. When we take over maintenance again, we encounter multiple errors.

For instance, this week I started work on a chiller. A colleague of mine went to the job to do maintenance. He discovered one circuit was undercharged. Both running on high head pressures. Both were overfilled with oil. A month before we took over the contract, the former company did a leak check, no problems. System working on almost design temps!

This week i pumped down circuit B and took out 53 kg of the 62 kg that is suppost to be in there.
I meassured the temp of the cilinder and messured the pressure the next day. There were uncondensable gasses in the cilinder. After pressuretesting the system I found 4 leaks, small ok, but not too small to discovere!

After taking out the non condensables there was only 48 kg left.

Two years ago the other company did an oilchange and changed the filter/driers. All reports afterwards showed the machine running perfect. Both circuits running on the same pressures and temperatures with different entering and leaving water!?

I had a colleague at an other company where I used to work who said: "our work only has to be correct on paper"! I this way of thinking is becoming sop in the refridgeration which I think is bad practice!

So sorry for the long story, but I had to get it off my chest!!!