alialmohandes Guest

Question honywell three way valve

who can help me by tell me how the three way valve type honywell for the airhandling unite (chilled water)is work

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: honywell three way valve

Welcome to the forum.

It depends on which type of valve it is - it may be a 'mixing valve' or a 'diverting valve'.

See here for details on a Mixing Valve
    http://bahercs.com/THREEWAY%20MIXING...%20TRI%20M.htm

and here for a Diverting Valve
    http://bahercs.com/3WAY%20DIVERTINGVALVE%20TRI%20D.htm
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Gas goes in one tube and gets diverted to one or another.

Chillin
    IF AT FIRST YOU DON`T SUCCEED.
    DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU TRIED!
    and go get a cuppa

The 3-port valves are usually wired into the control circuit and given a signal from temp sensors to either open or close. Most valves are operated on a 0-10 vdc signal, so for instance if the valve is signalled with a 10 vdc then usually the valve would be asking for 100 % and hence fully open. 0 vdc= closed, 5 vdc= 50% open.
    You see it's all in proportion!

Regards
    Jase

ibro606 Guest

PLS SEND SOME REFER ABOUT THE THRE WAY VALVE FOR CHILLED WATER
    Quote Originally Posted by alialmohandes View Post
    who can help me by tell me how the three way valve type honywell for the airhandling unite (chilled water)is work
    Last edited by Brian_UK; 18-06-2007 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Tidied up the quoting.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

See links above.
    Retired March 2015

I have benn involved in applications for this type of cooling/heating for the past several years I will find the links to the valves on the honeywell site for you . A bit hard to find sometime anyway:
    1 the valve is on the water outlet of the air handler
    2 the way Trane likes to do it is when calling for cooling or heating the water is flowing thru the coil to the b side of the valve and exiting to the AB port usually on the bottom of the valve..
    3 when the valve is not requiring cooling or heating the water will be closed off thru the B port and allowed to bypass thru the A port to the AB exit port.

usually there is a balancing valve downstream of the 3 way valve before it returns to the main water header.

this design allows water flow at all times thru a system, thus not deheading the chilled water pump.

if interested I will forward a few diagrams that make this pretty clear. good luck.

bruce boldy Trane

I am a new member to this. I could not post message as new thread. Can you please tell me the difference between three way mixing valve and diverting valve? I would appreciate if you can please forward the diagrams to me. Pl tell how to start thread
    Thanks
    Rabindra

Quote Originally Posted by bruceboldy View Post
    I have benn involved in applications for this type of cooling/heating for the past several years I will find the links to the valves on the honeywell site for you . A bit hard to find sometime anyway:
    1 the valve is on the water outlet of the air handler
    2 the way Trane likes to do it is when calling for cooling or heating the water is flowing thru the coil to the b side of the valve and exiting to the AB port usually on the bottom of the valve..
    3 when the valve is not requiring cooling or heating the water will be closed off thru the B port and allowed to bypass thru the A port to the AB exit port.

usually there is a balancing valve downstream of the 3 way valve before it returns to the main water header.

this design allows water flow at all times thru a system, thus not deheading the chilled water pump.

if interested I will forward a few diagrams that make this pretty clear. good luck.

bruce boldy Trane
    Last edited by chillin out; 21-10-2007 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Deleted e-mail address.

I am a new member to this. I could not post message as new thread. Can you please tell me the difference between three way mixing valve and diverting valve? I would appreciate if you can please forward the diagrams to me. Pl tell how to start thread
    Thanks
    Rabindra

Go into the correct forum for the subject you are about to post and then click "new thread".

Chillin
    IF AT FIRST YOU DON`T SUCCEED.
    DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU TRIED!
    and go get a cuppa

Or even read what is written above your post, it has all of the answers that you need.
    Retired March 2015