Where is the money?

Hi guys. just interested are refrigeration engineers and air conditioning engineers on the roughly the same pay. Reason i ask is that our company never really work on fridges and i wonder is it because there isnt as much money to be made?

Re: Where is the money?

No replies to this????

All my money seems to be in my customers banks and i seem to have difficulty in getting them to post some to meand

Quote Originally Posted by marc5180 View Post
    Hi guys. just interested are refrigeration engineers and air conditioning engineers on the roughly the same pay. Reason i ask is that our company never really work on fridges and i wonder is it because there isnt as much money to be made?
    Just look on the left hand side of your monitor " Job Opportunities" All is revealed......

The system is definately backwards. You AC lads can charge a lot and its fast work like the supermarket packs. The industrial lads are looking after Millions of pounds worth of stock and production and our contracts are around the same price its mad.

Quote Originally Posted by HallsEngineer View Post
    The system is definately backwards. You AC lads can charge a lot and its fast work like the supermarket packs. The industrial lads are looking after Millions of pounds worth of stock and production and our contracts are around the same price its mad.
    A persons comfort is priceless, they wouldn't care if some stock was lost until it affected their grocery bill, and that takes time, but when the cold stops in the home, that's instant, and by Odin they will not have THAT, and they demand the cold and those who control that are the ones with teh power! Thus the overtly large contracts!

But then my personal saying is: Those that get into a job only for the money are the least qualified for the job!

Quote Originally Posted by marc5180 View Post
    Heaps of money in refrigeration, as large amounts of product lost if it doesn't work. Your company maybe doesn't want to do it due to the responsibilty it entails. If a refrigeration plant breaks down at 2am, you need to get out of bed to fix it, and stay up for the next 13hr if need be. If an a/c breaks down, it's repaired when it's convenient.
    The money you get for a/c isn't much less, and is so much less hassle and work.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_h View Post
    If an a/c breaks down, it's repaired when it's convenient.
    Not always strictly true.

Consider close control units in major server rooms, banking etc. where a warm room will lead to servers shutting down and a loss of customers business.

I've been out on Boxing day before with snow on the ground and a server room up to 50C

you can make a fortune i am replying to this post sat on my yaught in the red sea

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by wineman View Post
    you can make a fortune i am replying to this post sat on my yaught in the red sea
    Methinks that you are imbibing a little too much of your namesake tonight, please be a cautious with your posts.

Also try reading your own sarcastic comments to others before you embarrass yourself further.

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...6213#post76213

spelling should be a factor
    Ring a bell
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

scroll 66 Guest

the reason there is no money in comercial refrigeration is to many people take a cut of the profits before the engineer gets his tools out

LRAC is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

I have a nice little saying for refrigeration breakdowns and its "pants down".
    When the kit breaksdown its always an emergency and is all year round trade not just in the hotter months.

Refrigeration is a more stable trade ac is a take it or leave it situation apart from server rooms.

"pants down" = premium prices

Regards
    Lrac
    Grumpy men live longer