Air Cooled Mono Block Units & high Ambient

We are installing Mono Block Wall Mounted Refrigeration Units for our cold stores.

The Units are designed for +45 Ambient Air.

for 15 days , especially in South India, the Ambient goes to @ 50 Deg C. & the units start tripping on HP.

We are trying out a simple method to prevent this.

We are putting up Al pipes from the Cold Store Inside to Condenser coil area & are putting the Al wire mesh on top of that.

That helps in cooling the Air going on to the Condesner coil , though it takes up some coling load from Inside.( as due to conduction, the AL wire mesh gets cool)

With this, the High Ambient temp period is taken care of.

But when the units trip on Temp or stop for defrosting, the Al wire mesh gets frosting. This becomes more critical if the rooms are Sub Zero rooms.

I was planning to put up Pressure eqaliser vavles so that some cold air is thrown on the condenser coil. But the pressure inside is more than out side & air gets sucked inside the cold store instead of going out.

Any suggestions/ any practical methods?

If needed I can post a small sketch shwoing what we are doing.

Re: Air Cooled Mono Block Units & high Ambient

Hi smpsmp45,

What I am going to suggest is not cost effective but this a way.

Construct an evaporative cooling system before air intake into the condenser. With this method the air going into the condenser gets cooled via evaporation process. Also this works if ambient wet bulb temperature is not too high.

The other solution is to change the condenser with a properly sized one.

Cheers
    Even Einstein Asked Questions

Many thanks. We get these Special Eco Mesh as they are called. The Control System is imported from UK but till date not a single could be sold/ Installed.
    Oversized condesner to take care of this temperature issue is technically correct solution though, since we are importing these units & if we go in for special selection/ modifications, we shall be outpriced.
    May be Heat pipe system can work. We are ready to put in some efforts in R & D, but if we get some practical feedback, that can help

Coolers Guest

Hi there,
    this is probably a bit late, I haven't been on for some time but I see that you are in India.

You might like to call Star Coolers and Condensers in India in Jalgaon, Maharashtra, India.

They are linked up with Coolers and Condensers in the UK who do the ECO~Mesh systems you are mentioning. You may be able to get a good price from them. I do know that several systems have been put on units in Southern Europe and also somewhere in Saudi where they work really well. When you compare the costs of oversized condensers against the system we found it to be a very good alternative - espacially where you are retro-fitting it.

Hope this helps

I am aware about this Eco mesh systens. But it is very expensive & not a single one has been installed here in India. They had infact put up a demo unit to show the performance, but still not a single unit is sold here. The most expensive part is the logic control unit.